UK Finance Manager
As UK Finance Manager, you will be building on a strong momentum of financial management improvement. After fast growth, we have spent the last two years consolidating our financial management approach across our network of schools and programmes making good progress. But there is still a lot more we want to achieve, and this role will sit within an ambitious global team where processes are regularly being reviewed, refined and innovated.
Supported by a Finance and Administration Assistant for UK bookkeeping, The UK Finance Manager will work closely with the Grant Managers and Finance teams in both Uganda and Zambia providing technical assistance in all offices and representing PEAS global finance at our quarterly meetings of PEAS finance sub-committee.
You will play a pivotal role as we expand into new geographies and take on new projects to use our expertise and experience to support other educators; providing our global strategy team with the financial analysis to make good financial decisions and ensure we are compliant with any tax and charities commission regulations in this new area.
- Take ownership of all PEAS UK financial processes
- Leading on PEAS’ cash management, including planning foreign exchange transfers
- Produce monthly management accounts for PEAS UK, monthly global consolidated management accounts and annual group audited financial statements
- Financial reporting and budget preparation for PEAS major grants and proposals
- Support to UK team with financial analysis to support broader decision-making
- Technical assistance to the Uganda and Zambia finance teams with relevant expertise
- Using your experience from UK finance to advise teams on best practice in financial management and strategic finance
You will be part of a small and friendly London based team who are committed, effective and values aligned. There will be regular travel to Africa (approx. 4 times a year) as it is vital to have an in-depth knowledge of our schools and programmes for effective grant management and global financial management improvement.
The closing date for applications is Sunday the 31st March 2019.
For more information and to apply, please click here.